The event is at its 18th edition, the first one dating since November 2004. If at that time, a reasonable sized conference room was enough to house our guests and staff, by now we seriously need to reconsider a larger space for the series to come.
1. Raluca Baciu ( BIS ) – Software services support report
2. Cristina Cioroboiu ( BIS ) – Software maintenance report
3. Dan Anghelescu ( BIS ) – BIS & SWIFT agency contract extension
4. Armin Gerhardt & Michael Bajohra ( EFiS ) – Single Euro Business Area
5. Corina Mihalache ( BIS ) – Workers’ Remittances demo
6. Cristina Cioroboiu ( BIS ) – PAYaaS demo
7. Rasvan Stanescu ( BIS ) – Quality keynotes
The subjects generated further dialogue, during sessions, coffee breaks and lunch.
Following our 12yo anniversary and as we started a new year to add to our ‘age’, there are some milestones that we all recall, in the area of transaction banking, globally speaking and important at company level. Here is a list of events that rolled on since BIS was born:
• The euro and the ECB’s TARGET are introduced
• EBA launches EURO1
• EBA looks to develop STEP1 (Straight-Through Euro Payment System) an interim system for processing cross-border retail payments in euro
• Y2K is a significant challen financial institutions because of many automated applications with date fields
• Analysts debate if expenses for the Y2K challenge were worth to be done
• EBA approves the blueprint for STEP2
• European states adopt the EC’s regulation on cross-border payments
• Euro notes and coins replace national currencies in 12 member states
• EPC is created
• EBA Clearing develops STEP2
• The EPC approves the Pan-European Automated Clearing House resolution (PE-ACH) which sees STEP2 become Europe’s first PE-ACH
• The first bulk payment file is exchanged with the low value euro payments system STEP2 which is declared to meet all of the ECB’s core principles of retail payment systems
• The EPC commits to building SEPA
• Launching the modern Electronic Payments System in Romania
• EBA Clearing launches SEPA Credit Transfers on STEP2
• SWIFT shareholders approve SCORE (Standardised Corporate Environment)
• The Payment Services Directive (PSD) is adopted by the European Parliament
• Banks migrate to TARGET2 for high value payments
• SEPA Credit Transfers go live
• SEPA Direct Debit goes live
• The PSD is also implemented into national legislation in member states
• EC sets SEPA migration deadlines
and…to find out how BIS’ evolution toned with those, look into our history pages.
By: Corina Cornea
The website is built over Wordpress and it uses plugins to display content as intended.
Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!